Swing gates vs Slide gates: Which is better
One question home owners tend to ask frequently is what type of gate is good for me? This question will be on every home owners mind for a lot of reasons. Both gates are good and serve the same purpose which is to restrict intruders from getting into our homes. In order to choose the right gate you have to consider a lot of factors and also carefully research on both gates.
In this post, I’ll be writing on the pros of both gates as well as the cons of both gates. I’ll be answering all your mind boggling questions concerning the better gate for your property so relax.
Although Swing Gates have served as the traditional choice for many home owners over the years, Sliding Gates are beginning to take the stage for new homes.
Advantages of swing gates
- Swing gates gives your property a more elegant look and also looks more welcoming to guests
- Swing gates are mostly recommended for residential homes
- Concrete and beam are not required
- Its much easier to install
- Can be opened from the outside and inside
- Its recommended that the installation be carried out by experienced personnels
- Swing gates often take up more space than slide gates
- The automation of Swing gate is more expensive
- Can be used for both residential and industrial purposes
- Installation is a lot more easy and can be done by anyone
- Does not take up spaces like swing gates
- Relatively cheaper
- They are well protected and do not require locks and keys
- Concrete and beam is needed to improve efficiency
- Environments must be kept free from object which could halt the movement of the gate
- They are generally noisy
Your preferred choice of gate is based on factors like budget, available space and also the reason for installation. If you have the budget and also would like something fancier then a swing gate will be better. If you’re for security and solidarity then a slide gate will do the job.